You should get a student visa if you are planning to study in Germany. If you have been accepted at German University then it is advisable you apply for a student visa in person for at least 3 months in advance before going to Germany.
All your documents and application will be send to the Immigration Office (Ausländeramt) where you will study. After the application gets approved by the Immigration Office the consulate will issue you a residence permit in the form of visa. You are required to register upon your first arrival in Germany.
- Completed application form
- Valid Passport (for at least 3 months after your planned date of return and not older than 10 years, holding at least two empty visa pages)
- 2 Recently Taken Portrait Photographs
- Letter of Admission
- Transcript of academic record
- Proof that you have sufficient funds to support yourself while living in Germany
- Declaration of authenticity of documents submitted
- Proof of Covered Health Insurance – for the entire period of stay in Germany
You will also need to provide photocopies of all these documents.
Where and how to apply?
You should apply at your home country’s German Embassy. Except for rare instances you have to submit the application along with the required documents in person. It is recommended you apply for a visa very well in advance before your departure because the application of student visas can take up to 25 days to be processed.
Paying your visa
Applicants have to pay the visa fees by a bank transfer. Student visa as of 2008 is 60 Euro. Cheques or credit cards are not accepted. The money order must be in the name of the Consulate in your home country and not older than two months.
Please be aware that you will not get reimburse the visa fee if your application for a student visa gets rejected.
How to Get: